In order to remind myself of coming out to close friend #3, I am going to write about it briefly because I want to keep most of this as memories for myself:
After the speech, the first word she uttered was "Finally!" Yes, that's with an exclamation point. She was also quite happy that I had accepted my sexual orientation, because she and close friend #2 had previously discussed this topic before. They discussed how they never saw me hit on girls and how most straight guy-girl relationships, however platonic, should have some tension. And ours did not. It truly did not, does not and will not, because I see them both as my sisters.
Close friend #3 is overseas this winter, so we will not be able to hang out together with close friend #2. But I am looking forward to being attached to the hip with close friend #2 until next month and always enjoying our time together.
Core memory unlocked!
5 years ago
2 comments:
HEHE. When I came out to my best friend, Jon, his reaction was kinda like, "...and?" -- like it was no big deal and he knew the whole time.
Close Friend #3's reaction just sorta reminded me of that ;)
It's great that you have such good friends.
When I realized that I was gay almost 50 years ago, I would never have dared tell anybody I wanted to have as a friend. As many problems as there are today, times have definitely changed for the better in terms of acceptance.
Post a Comment