
It has been about four days since coming out to my parents. I have given myself time to think and rationally respond to it and time especially for my mom the time to absorb the information and think things through on her own.
Tonight, I feel much more comfortable and at ease with coming out and being myself. My sister’s classmate invited us to dinner with her, her fiancé, and her best high school friend who is gay. We arrived at her apartment and waited for her best friend to get his ass over from downtown and ended up just meeting at the restaurant right down the alley (yes, literally).
Dinner was awkward. Two best friends were catching up. My sister and I were listening to their conversation and tried to make our own conversation. Fiancé sat between the pairs and watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on ABC. Awkward.
While best friend (classmate) and fiancé drove back to the apartment, my sister, her friend, and I walked up the alley. Friend said dinner was awkward, and I agreed.
Back at the apartment, friend told me and my sister about her life story. Though she talks a bit too much, friend is a very strong and positive person who has had life experience and struggle. She made me realize that everyone needs to live their best life and be true to themselves in order to be true and honest to others – whether or not it deals with sexual orientation. She also made me realize that change must come from within and from inner strength. It’s what you do in handling a situation that determines how you choose to live your life, and I could not agree with her points more.
I look forward to getting to know her better and hanging out again.
Tonight, I feel much more comfortable and at ease with coming out and being myself. My sister’s classmate invited us to dinner with her, her fiancé, and her best high school friend who is gay. We arrived at her apartment and waited for her best friend to get his ass over from downtown and ended up just meeting at the restaurant right down the alley (yes, literally).
Dinner was awkward. Two best friends were catching up. My sister and I were listening to their conversation and tried to make our own conversation. Fiancé sat between the pairs and watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on ABC. Awkward.
While best friend (classmate) and fiancé drove back to the apartment, my sister, her friend, and I walked up the alley. Friend said dinner was awkward, and I agreed.
Back at the apartment, friend told me and my sister about her life story. Though she talks a bit too much, friend is a very strong and positive person who has had life experience and struggle. She made me realize that everyone needs to live their best life and be true to themselves in order to be true and honest to others – whether or not it deals with sexual orientation. She also made me realize that change must come from within and from inner strength. It’s what you do in handling a situation that determines how you choose to live your life, and I could not agree with her points more.
I look forward to getting to know her better and hanging out again.
No comments:
Post a Comment