Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A night on the town

Three weeks ago, a new friend of mine invited me to join him, his new friend, and new friend's friends on a night on the town in West Hollywood. I was excited to go because of the opportunity to get to know my new friend, socialize and meet new people. Plus, a mutual friend of ours, with whom I am closer to, would be my wingman for the night. But when mutual friend couldn't make it last minute, social anxiety set in, and I became apprehensive since I would be meeting a group of strangers on my own. It always feels easier to meet strangers when you are with someone you know. I was already pumped for the night and decided I had nothing to lose.

I arrived around 11 pm and met up with the entire group at The Abbey. I met the mix of straight and gay folks, then spent most of my time conversing with my new friend and his new friend by one of the outdoor bars. Our conversation ran the gamut of topics, and it was great to delve into deeper discussions to get to know each other. We all took a couple of belated birthday shots and snapped some photos. Goodbye social anxiety. I still don't know where those pictures are, but don't believe they are incriminating. It would just be nice to see. An hour of conversation and drinks goes by quickly, and we decide to take our party posse to Eleven.

We entered without hassle and headed upstairs to the dance floor and bar. I learned that my friend's new friend helped open Eleven a couple of years ago and had some drink hook-ups for us at the bar. Some of us danced, and some of us took more shots. While upstairs, I befriended a guy from our group named Elliot, and we had a good, long conversation that took us through the night. I felt a slight vibe from him and for him, but learned that he has been in a long-term relationship with his partner of five years. On top on that, he was moving up north the next day for a new business venture and to settle with his partner in the home he designed himself. We exchanged numbers and have only texted once. I asked him to contact me the next time he comes down and look forward to meeting his partner.

During our conversation, I could not keep my eyes straight, not because of the drinks, but because there were so many attractive men that night. And this brings up an important dilemma. Because there are so many good-looking guys, I can't really put my finger down on what exactly is my type yet. I don't think my previously described type applies any longer. The choices are plenty, and I am one who appreciates the diversity. So I guess the only way to figure out my type is to begin by tapping one ass, figuratively - not necessarily in the sexual sense, then another and another by process of elimination. After all, without experience, how will I ever know my type and find myself a potential partner?

Near closing time, I remained energetic with my friend and his new friend while the rest of the group left. We weren't ready to leave, so we walked over to Micky's. I randomly recognized and met Michael Moloney from ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. We chatted for a minute, and he totally eye-fucked my friend. Then my friend's new friend introduced us to a guy on a Segway who has a condition where it is painful to walk. I chatted with him a little bit while he awkwardly used his walking cane to molest and poke at a go-go boy, who shortly thereafter left his platform either for a break or simply to avoid the harassment and sodomy.

After those two brief encounters at Micky's, the three of us left to have some food in Thai Town. We arrived at the restaurant, and my eyes were met with shock. A good portion of patrons were transexual women. It was like after hours tranny central in Thai Town. During our meal, I'd occasionally glance over just to absorb their presence and take in their big make-up, hair, bodies and attire. I've met several transexuals, but none made up like these call girls. By the end of the meal, the shock had worn off and I had been desensitized to the flamboyant and over-the-top "T" in LGBT.