Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blew him off

As I further reflect on Thursday night, I would have changed the way the night ended. I would have texted Scott. I missed a chance to further connect with another person and potentially meet many other people. And isn't the purpose of my blog to encourage and motivate me to take those chances?

Regardless of my attraction - or lack thereof - to Scott, it would have been courteous to text him at the end of the night as I promised. I wouldn't know where that text would have led, yet I had jumped to conclusions. But I firmly stand on not being physically attracted to him. When I said I needed several days to think about this, I had really freaked out and thought that he would hound me to date since he was so forward and all over me that night. Maybe it even made me uncomfortable and turned me off. But I had not given a chance to our casual relationship, whether or not it would have become more serious, simply platonic or nothing at all.

I don't know what would have happened and what to do now. It has been 7 days and nights since we met last week, and it would seem out of the ordinary to contact him now since he probably thinks I blew him off (not literally). I could be honest and explain that I, indeed, have been busy and under the weather, and then see if he respects that or not. It would certainly put the ball in his court. And at least I tried to make amends with the situation and feel better about my reaction.

3 comments:

J said...

it doesnt hurt to text him, and if he asks what happened then you can explain what happened.

naturgesetz said...

Just as a matter of courtesy, I think you should text him and apologize for not getting back sooner. I don't see it as committing to anything further.

Anonymous said...

Text him! You've nothing to loose by doing it. You could just say that you're new to gay dating and needed some time to decide what to do!