After the
high in West Hollywood, I hit a low pretty quickly. I understood how addicts feel when they hit a high and then bottom out to a low. It's ironic how highs and lows happen so quickly like a rollercoaster. In my low, I initially felt angry. The anger turned to hurt. The hurt turned to either giving up, not caring anymore or simply accepting the fact. Finally, I decided to accept the fact. Surely, such highs and lows are expected in the coming out process. And deciding to accept the fact rather than stew in denial is the better way to go.
2 comments:
I used to be very content with everything in life. No highs, no lows just content. But nowadays I always know that after a real happy high there will be a low just as bad as the high was good.
Still I prefer having it that way, than just feeling the same all the time. Now that I know and anticipate a low will follow a high I'm much better at dealing with and fending it off. It just takes some getting used to!
the lows help us to appreciate the highs even more. hang in there bro!
Post a Comment