
“Whatever happens, I'll leave it all to chance.
Another heartache - another failed romance.
On and on!
Does anybody know what we are living for?
I guess I’m learning
I must be warmer now…
I'll soon be turning 'round the corner now.
Outside the dawn is breaking,
But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free!
The show must go on!”
I’ve realized that I need to come out of my shell in order to truly be who I am and live MY best life. My heart sinks every time I think about hiding and suppressing myself; that’s not who I am. I imagine in my mind the feelings of freedom without having to bare this heavy burden.
The song lyrics above from Queen’s “The Show Must Go On” describe how I have snapped out of the motions I have been going through without checking in with myself emotionally. Freddie Mercury recorded this last song, about his struggle against HIV/AIDS, while in failing health before his death.
Another heartache - another failed romance: my failure to truly be myself and the heartache I have caused myself.
On and on: I must keep going and take this journey to discover who I am.
Does anybody know what we are living for? I have to answer this question, I know what I am going to live for in the next chapter of my life.
I guess I’m learning, I must be warmer now: At least I have now realized what I need to do, what steps to take, and in which direction to go.
I'll soon be turning 'round the corner now: I’ll soon change my course and get on the “right” road.
Outside the dawn is breaking, But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free: inside myself, I am truly aching to be free, to discover myself, my beautiful self, I know you’re in there. My heart aches every time I think about how I have hidden myself and not given myself a fair chance. I am yelling inside to be free, but externally I am trying to be confident and know who I am with self-doubt, self-loathing, and no confidence at all.
The show must go on: However difficult this new road might be, I need to deal with this and move on with life!
No comments:
Post a Comment